12/1/09

An unreal experience in Ljubljana - I experienced world class customer experience

Having delivered full day internal marketing workshop for around 50 employees at Mladinska Kniga - Slovenia's largest publishers of books, magazine publishing, 60 retail bookstores, etc. - I was pressed for time to finish the preparation for my speech at an email marketing seminar in Ljubljana (organized by Dima Center / Promarket) the next day. But I had to eat. So I walked down to the center of Ljubljana to the same restaurant where I had lunch with that same customer Tuesday afternoon as part of my preparation for the workshop .

After arriving at the restaurant I found a table and ordered a few dishes. But it took quite a long time before the first course was served. I therefore asked to have the bill when they would serve the second course, while I explained that I was getting stressed because I was in a hurry and it was took far longer than expected to get the food. (at this time it was around 21 and I still a couple of hours of preparation for my 3 hour long lecture the next day).


The food was quite delicoius, the coca-cola's tasted like they should, but when the bill was presented it came along with the highly surprising "we have decided that you do not have to pay for dinner - we'll only charge you for the sodas."


I was not quite sure I had heard the waiter correctly and said "excuse me?". He repeated, and I have certainly looked like one big qustionmark. It actually took me the better part of an hour to get over the experience. That's how unusual and world-class it was.

Now that's what I call delivering a fantastic customer experience, and all that at a restaurant that - notwithstanding that many customers are likely to be tourists and business travelers - takes its own quality seriously. Whether or not this is an integral part of their business philosophy or a special case, I do not know. Hopefully when I am back in Ljubljana, I will get a chance to ask them to learn more about their customer experience philosophy.

This was an experience that I will certainly tell to others over and over again. The name of the restaurant in Ljubljana Slovenia is Gostilna restaurant and can be found at this URL.

Denne artikel findes på dansk her

No comments: