1/6/10

Michael Leander appeared to have been a hit at Drayton Bird's EADIM in London

From EADIM London 2009
"You appear to have been a hit" - that's what Kate Jones of Drayton Bird Associates wrote to me today. She referred to my presentation at the intro week of EADIM - The European Academy of Direct & Interactive Marketing - which took place in London in October 2009.

If you have been following my for a while, you will know that I frequently publish audience ratings of my presentations, courses and seminars. And I finally got around to do just that for EADIM 2009.

At EADIM delegates rated speakers on a scale from bad to excellent. 15 delegates were kind enough to pass their judgment upon poor little ol me. 8 said excellent, 6 said very good, and 1 said good. I translate that to a rating of 4,47.

Delegates rated me "very good to excellent", here is my evaluation of the delegates
I recently began rating my audiences. Why? Because it takes two to Tango. Especially in an exclusive program such as EADIM. So here is my evaluation of the delegates at EADIM:

Willingness to interact: 4,5
Ability to pay attention: 4,7 (only one person had trouble staying awake, a new record for me:-)

One of the best audiences I've had in 2009, and I am quite happy that I have been able to meet up with a few of them since EADIM.

Drayton Bird claims testimonials are important - I believe him
Some delegates were kind enough to write a few words about me & my presentation (thanks).A few below - and even more on my Linkedin profile.

"Very well presented; kept the audience involved the whole time. The information
was all very relevant."

Sheetal Vithlani

"Love it! "
Tim Piadea

"I was amazed by the simplicity of the complicated online world."
Raul Man

"Fabulous - humour/energy. Usefulness."
Anonymous

"Useful tips; Entertaining speaker. "
Mark Ellis

What in the world is EADIM?
In case you haven't heard about EADIM - you can read more about this wonderful initiative by Drayton Bird - by many regarded as one of the most knowledgeable marketers in the world. He is also the author of Commonsense Direct Marketing, which currently ranks #5 on Amazon's list of all time best selling books about direct marketing. Quite an accomplishment - especially considering that the first edition was published in 1982.

Best students - best teachers
From EADIM London 2009
It was my pleasure to present at the first EADIM in Brussels in 2008. And I sincerely believe that the "students" who choose to join EADIM are the best students I have met in Central and Northern Europe.

Not only because they are highly interesting individuals. But also because they are serious, bright and very talented . Not to mention - very smart.
But also because the teachers (that's what the speakers are called at EADIM), are amongst the best money can buy (myself excluded, of course).
You won't find any pretenders amongst the teachers. Every single one of them have "been there, done that" and are quite willing to share their profound knowledge.

I think EADIM will start a new group of students in 2010. Not sure when, how, €$£ and the program - but check the website and register for their newsletter and I am sure they will get in touch with you.

No comments: