3/15/10

When the picture does not say a thousand words in advertising

Reading the Business Today (an Egyptian magazine) yesterday, I came across an advertisement for German owned hotel  Steigenberger Nile Palace in Luxor.

The text reads "With the largest ballroom in Luxor and the knowhow of our expert staff your conference will be fit with class, 11 different capacities of meeting and breakout rooms that can host up to 2.000 participants and the main ballroom that can host 1.400 participants."

Nothing wrong with that. Clearly positioning the hotel's conference facilities. But.

What struck me was the picture, which you see to the left.
Had I not had a professional interest in studying the advertisement closer, I would never had decoded what the picture portrayed. And now I cannot decide whether I think a picture of the grand ballroom - or other pictures of the facilities would have been a better choice to relay the message.

What do you think?

No comments: